Monday, November 25, 2013

I have a blog?! Living Under a Rock . . .

Living Under a Rock Reason #1


Okay . . . so apparently I have been missing out and am WAY behind. APPARENTLY, everyone who is anyone has a blog. So, here I am . . . .blogging. Which kind of feels out of character for me, but then again, doesn't? If that makes any sense at all. I am kind of excited actually because I do want Brighton to have a chance to look back on all of this one day and see this and know that mom wasn't a scrapbooker (please tell me I'm not supposed to be doing all of that cutting, too), but she did keep everything online!:)

I checked with the majority of my friends and just knew they would say - "No, I don't have a blog - boy was I wrong - they do! WHO KNEW! So, I'm going to give it a whirl. Any encourgament is greatly appreciated as well as how to make my page all artistic and cute!

Living Under a Rock Reason #2

Last Saturday my Facebook friends were going crazy . . .waiting in line for 4-6 hours for someone called "The Pioneer Lady"? What in the world? WHO in the world? Who is this person they speak of? I had to find out. I had never in my life? All I could imagine was someone who cooked squirrels or deer that she killed by her own hands and we all know that isn't me. So the next day in Sunday School, I had to find out. Turns out, yes again, I have been under a rock. Apparently Ree Drummond is the "new" Paula Deen. So, here I go. I bought two cookbooks and off a cooking I go. We shall see. So far I haven't found any squirrels.



A Blessing from B . . . .Brighton's Pink Christmas Tree is up in her room. She couldn't wait. This tree is so special to her because it has "her" ornaments from every year of what she was in to from that year. For example -her first ornaments were "The Backyardians", followed by Pinkalicious, then, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, and now My Little Ponies. And, then it also has whatever she has made at church or at school on her tree. It is a very special tree I have to say. It is funny to see her decorate it because all of the ornaments hang right at the bottom and none at the top because she simply cannot reach them. But, it is HER tree and she likes it that way.

 
 
 
Until next time,
Jillian 
 


3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! Great first post! Your daughter is precious!!! One great thing to do is print your blog out into a book after you have blogged for a year! It's like a journal that you will have forever!

    And yep, You are under a log if you don't know who Ree is!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you are writing and LOVE you!!! Maybe I will start blogging again soon!! I miss it.

    ReplyDelete