Wednesday, November 27, 2013

What a Wednesday!

I need to be there WHEN?!


7:30 a.m. this morning and I am sitting in a doctor's office thinking how warm my bed would feel on this glorious day off. BUT, I'm at the doctor. I have been having shortness of breath and every now and then chest pains and incredibly low blood pressure ( 86/44), so my doctor wanted to see me. The only appointment was 7:30 this morning! YAWN! Luckily, after an asthma test, lung test, and blood work, the good news is I'm healthy! I'm just showing signs of stress and a little dehydration and need to drink gatorade. I can handle that compared to the alternative. I'm very grateful to Dennis for going with me so early and to my parents for keeping Miss B. We were there for 2 hours and she would have never made it!
 

Turkey Time!

Every year my mom puts me in charge of "the turkey". I honestly think it is because she believes I make the best turkey around Bentonville. Truth is, I probaly do bring over to her house the best turkey around, but the actual cooking part . . .lets keep the secret. Does she know or doesn't she? Hummmm?
 
 

Grateful for Grandy!

Grandy and Papa are my parents who we are incredibly fortunate to have them live 5 miles away from us. Brighton adores her Grandy and Papa. While we were at the doctor and getting the turkey, Grandy and B went to see "Frozen". I heard I missed a wonderful family movie. Brighton wants to go back! While they were having a movie date, Dennis let me take a nice long winters nap.
 



Oh no!

I joke about cooking the turkey, but honestly, I do cook almost every night. I love finding new recipies. Tonight I was trying out a new recipie - Creamy Garlic Pasta. Everything was running smoothly, smelling, looking and (shhh) tasting delicious and them BOOM - one ingredient caused us a trip to the local DQ. Why you ask . . . check it out for yourself. Sadly, I had no idea until after I had added 1 cup to the pasta and our dinner was out the door. Kicker is I just bought this last week.


Everyone's Favorite- Let the fight begin. . .

Brighton helped me tonight cook my great grandma's chocolate silk pie to take to Grandy's house for Thanksgiving. The thing is - it is everyone's favorite. Usually I make 4 pies to keep everyone happy, but tonight I only made two. So, it will be a showdown to see who gets to take the "extra" pie home. I have all of the bets on my little brother, Todd. But, there is no one in my family that dislikes the chocolate pie.


And to all a good night . . .

As I sit here finish up this blog, I am still thankful for this day because it was our day as a family. Everyday is not going to be perfect. But, I am grateful for each day that God blesses us with together.
May HE bless you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment