Thursday, January 2, 2014

White as Snow

Yesterday, on New Year's Day, it snowed! It snowed all night long. These perfect little flakes that gently fell and coated the ground. I stayed up until 2am working on our school's yearbook so watching the snow was calming for me. I also find snow so pure and clean. I usually always post this verse on facebook :

Isaiah 1:18

New International Version (NIV)
18 “Come now, let us settle the matter,”
says the Lord.
“Though your sins are like scarlet,
they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red as crimson,
they shall be like wool.
 
 
 
It is so funny that I have posted that or been reminded of it for years every time it snowed, but now I actually truly get it and know it and know HE means it. I was reading yesterday in a different verse in Isaiah to sum it up - You have believed in me, but now you BELIEVE me. That really hit home.
 
So, Brighton and I stayed home today - mostly all day in our pjs and played board games, watched her movies.  Dennis came home at lunch for an hour and took her out on the sled. She stayed out in the snow for about 10 minutes and she ran back in for a warm bath.
 
 
 
Christmas break seems like it has been around a month, but I am loving it. This family time has been priceless. I have tried to talk Dennis into taking off work and staying home with just me (and the dogs) tomorrow, but he's not buying it. Boo!
 
Since I was up so late last night, I am headed to bed. OU is killing Bama so I will go to bed with a smile on my face. I know, I know, I'm supposed to be pulling for all SEC teams. But, Bama. . .just can't do it.
 
Good night my friends!
 
OH! That reminds me! Yesterday I had 435 people read my blog. How I wish I knew who you were out there. It makes me ponder . . . .  Again . . .good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment