Tuesday, December 24, 2013

How Many Corners Are There?

Catch-up!

It seems like we have had something every night of the week for the past two weeks, and for that I am thankful - thankful for friends and family, but I haven't gotten to write like I have wanted to. So, it's time to catch up.

My heart is filled and happy and resting!

On November 10th, I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior.  A few weeks later on December 10th, I was baptized. It is just a peace that I cannot explain. I can sleep at nights, if I see a car wreck, I don't have to worry if that was me would I? It's just very different. Yes, I still struggle with questions. I grew up in church. I was there every Sunday, Sunday night and Wednesday night. I taught Awana's. I was raised in an amazing youth group, sang in a youth choir, went to every church camp you can imagine. I have help lead others to Christ, sat and prayed with others when they have been hurting - basically thought I was good - it wasn't until 5 years ago that God began tearing at my heart. So, that leaves me with so many questions. When I was praying my whole life - was he not there? I can tell you the exact place and time I thought I was saved. I can see it like it was yesterday. But, I was 8. I know now as an adult, I wasn't ready and I had to make things right. I am trying not to focus on the questions I have about the past, but focus on the peace I have abou the future. I cannot thank Kelly Stamps enough for helping me the day of my baptism. And, without her husband, Scott, I would not have these amazing pictures.






How many corners are there?

Every since November 10th, I cannot tell you how many times I have been tested and backed into different corners. Luckily,  I have gotten out, but Satan is really trying and testing. I cannot mention into great detail due to I do not know who reads this, but anywhere from total different religions testing me to people who have never wanted to be my friend now wanting to. I can tell you it is hard to find people that are "like" you. I miss out on a lot of opportunities because I work, but I don't see Dennis letting me quit to make friends! :) Plus I love my kids! I love the girls in my SS class - just finding the time to get to know everyone. It will happen.

Friends are Family, too!

I have mentioned Robin before in blogging. I'm pretty sure Brighton views Robin as an Aunt and her son Drew as a cousin. Robin and Dan are wonderful friends and we had a fun family night with them last week. Brighton and Drew even though are 5 years apart - act like they siblings. I think in a way they need each other - to fight with - rough house with and put on cute little shows with. Those two are precious together and it helps since they are both only children. Dan and Dennis talk hunting the entire time and that leaves girl time for Robin and myself. For these friends, you are truly grateful. I cannot imagine being without Robin, Dan and Drew.





 

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas. More tomorrow! Thank you for reading and I love seeing comments!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment