Sunday, December 29, 2013

I'm in a hurry to get things done, oh I rush and rush until life's no fun. . .

Anyone remember that small part of the the song "In a Hurry" by the group Alabama? If you didn't know, I'm really just a southern girl that loves her country music as loud as I can play it and can be a tad bit of a concert junkie! So, IF you have forgotten who the group Alabama is - let me take you back to the 80's! Come on - you'll be singing along in no time! Plus, I have a point! I'm just getting there! S L O W L Y!

http://youtu.be/CICwZ01bT3w

Now didn't that take you back and wasn't it fun, but also so true. Here's the funny part, I used to sing that song when I was in college when I THOUGHT life couldn't get more rushed between finals and internships and whatever I was stressed about. BOY was I wrong. Now, I listen to that song and smile.

I definitely do not want to be running around trying to beat the clock rushing from one activity to the next, meeting one deadline, or focusing on how there is usually something every night of the week. I want to focus on the positive and enjoy my life and never say this life is no fun.

Bro. Phillip really got me thinking today and had a message I believe spoke to everyone that truly had a heart open and ready to listen.

Here are a few points that really got me thinking:
"Churches exist to get your ready for death". Does anyone else get chills and realize how powerful that message is. We send our children to Awana's, to choir to send for the Lord, we study HIS word and all to prepare us for death. For our glorious Homecoming one day when we this Earth that is not our home. Right now, we are here to serve our Lord, and help share the gospel so that others will be ready for death. What an impact that one sentence had on me today.

We all need to sense God in our lives we need to sit and listen for a a still small voice. That is where my song comes in. If we are constantly rushing and hurrying and hurrying, there is no way you can hear God's precious voice. We must take our the clutter. We must take out the busy in our world. I'm definitely worried about with me does that mean facebook. I would miss so many of my friends from facebook that I have just become connected with through the church so that is very hard for me to see the answer. There are definitely things I can eliminate. There are so many things that I know can wait - even until Brighton goes to bed. But, I don't want to miss out on God's best for me.

I need to look at my life and see what can be destructive in my walk with God. Many times since November 10, I feel alone. I have been praying for a Christian friend - someone like me. It's easy to feel left out when everyone is blessed to stay at home, but that's not me right now. I am in a different place than some of my current friends - not bad - not good - just different. I so want a Godly woman that understands what I have been through in less than 2 months. I will continue to wait and pray until God sends me an answer.

2013 wasn't my favorite year in the books. I have hurt people and people have hurt me. I pray that God will soften their hearts to see that I am not that person any more and soften my heart to learn to forgive and forget.
I want to be remembered for the person I have been the past 2 months. Not who I have been the past 33 years. I now have Jesus Christ in my heart and I want the world to see him shine through me.

What do you want to be remembered for?


1 comment:

  1. You are a beautiful person, inside and out!! I love how we can pick up and just continue when we see each other just like we never lost contact! I love you! I am so proud of you and I just wish I were closer so that we could hang out all of the time!!!

    ReplyDelete