Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Tis the Season?

I realize it's "the most wonderful time of the year" as the song states. . . .but man I think I have something every single day leading up to Christmas and some of it isn't even Christmas related. Between keeping up at work, Brighton's activities, and just in general life - I am exhausted and ready to go to bed by 7:00! Judge all you want . . .but try it once and you'll never go back.

I asked you to pray for me in cutting back on work. Whew, the first two days I am feeling it. I want to grab my laptop, pile my school bag, hit the door and work at night, but I didn't and haven't. Monday night I addresssed nearly 70 Christmas cards and sent them off today. Dennis kept asking "Do we know this many people?" Yes, dear. So, I find myself rushing around during my break times, but really I am a more effective teacher because I can't say to myself, well I'll do that tonight at home. I can feel the difference. I took a picture as I left yesterday as I thought of all of you praying for me to leave work on a "normal" time. Here is your proof.
Before addressing all of the Christmas cards, I have to tell you, Dennis was down on his back and I was helping Brighton with her homework. Her homework last night was to practice writing the letter J, both uppercase and lowercase. We always do this the kitchen table, but for some reason last night we were out of routine. So she climed up in bed with me and here we go.


Here I am gently trying to explain how to write her "Js".
 

I'm still explaining the "Js" and B is doing flips on the bed. (This is why I teach first grade)
 

Insert Brinkley our dog because now he wants to join in all of this fun! (SIGH)

 
Finally we finish and everyone can smile again! WHEW!
 
 
 
I wish you all knew Brighton and her personality. Well, I guess if you truly know me, you know B. She loves to be in the light and the center of attention - MOST of the time. She likes to be noticed and recognized for her good. She is incredibly sensitive. She gets her feelings hurt very easliy and takes EVERYTHING personally. She is very much a realist and believes everything she hears. She LOVES to perform. All of these qualities are mine and they are also hers. We share these things. I signed up tonight to support my amazing school -Central Park Elem. by reading at Barnes and Noble. Just look who stole the show. Hint - NOT ME!

 

 One Last Thing! I have a favorite store that I found about 6 months ago! I now HAVE to make a weekly trip and I promise if you have not been to Post Alley at downtown Bentonville, you are missing out! It is right across from Pressroom. Grab a girfriend or two and spend an hour! Tell Missy I sent you and you will just be lost in this tranquil shop. Trust me! It's amazing. You can also find the store on Facebook - just search Posh Alley and you can get a glimpse of this unique little shop. MY fav!

 
Have you been? What is your favorite store? I can't wait to hear your comments!
 

3 comments:

  1. I love Posh Alley!!! I also love Vintage Crush! It's across from Elm Tree Elementary! It's always difficult making hard changes- praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so amazing Lenette!!! I have never stopped in Vintage Crush! It is so hard to keep up with all of the amazing shops opening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it's right up the road from my house and I pass by it everyday, so....... Lol

    ReplyDelete