Sunday, December 1, 2013

Hitting the "Reset Button" . .

 Nine days of family time

Wow, it has been 9 days off to spend with Dennis, Brighton, my parents and even my little brother. I am so thankful to our school district for allowing us an entire week off. Last year we worked Monday and Tuesday and I can tell you, I am much more refreshed and excited to head back to work and ready to tackle the 15 days we have until Christmas break. (15 days) I am almost positive teachers count it by days instead of saying 3 weeks. Ha! Here are a few pictures that I haven't shared. Dennis and Brighton putting up Christmas tree, Brighton visiting Santa, my Auburn ornament- my FAV on the tree this year (#WAREAGLE) and how beautiful our church looked this morning.



 
 

Thankful for a Reset Button

I'm so thankful for the past week and honestly since I asked Jesus into my heart- there are so many changes. There are so many raw emotions. I hope to tell you all about it tomorrow. But, one thing I have been convicted about is work. I am sad to admit a workaholic. I get to school as early as I possibly can, then pick up Brighton at pre-k around 4:00- sometimes 4:30 and then after dinner work on my laptop until 10:00 at night. I would like to say I get it honestly. My grandmother who is now 92 worked until she couldn't work any longer. She was working 40 hours a week until she was 88. My mother, is in her 41st year of teaching AND teaches 2 nights a week at NWACC. I come from a long line of hard workers and I applaud them for that. But, I am missing amazing moments with Brighton and Dennis. So, my goal is to leave work by 3:30 each day, leave my laptop and start fresh in the morning. There will always be work waiting on me, there is always something to be done, but my little girl is only going to be 4 for a few more weeks and then 5 and so on. She and my family is my priority. So, I need your help - hold me to it. Pray for me. This will be an adjustment, but I want to do this for my family.
 

1 week from today!

1 week from today, I will be baptized at 9:15. I am so excited. Friends are always asking me, "Are you nervous?" The answer is no, not at all. I have such a peace about my decision. I cannot wait to hear the pastor say "Raise to walk in a newness of life". I hope you will be there. I am not the same person I was 1 month ago, 6 months ago or 1 year ago. I wish I could fill up the church with my friends.
 
Love to you all.

 



1 comment:

  1. So fun reading about you! Excited for you for next week!!!!!

    ReplyDelete